Spanish is the 3rd most spoken language in the world
Attendance at a Spanish school as a local student
For Secondary School Students
Cultural and leisure activities and excursions
The assistance of one of your school's teachers during the whole stay
With Spanish host families
Experience the novelty of becoming a student in a typical Spanish Secondary school, while visiting some of Madrid´s most famous sights, including the famous Theme park “ Parque de Atracciones”.
In this programme the student does not take just Spanish lessons, but Maths, History,... in Spanish from Monday to Friday. It is a very intensive programme in which the student, aside from living with a Spanish host family, spends 5-6 hours every day at a Spanish secondary school, learning new vocabulary related to every school subject. This way he/she is experiencing new friendships as well as being introduced to the most characteristic features of the Spanish culture and life, allowing him/her to gain greater experience about the global world.
LAI colaborates with nearly 60 Secondary Schools in Madrid (Spain).
8 days and 7 nights arriving and departing on Sundays.
For Secondary School years only.
- Live with a local Spanish family. Full board to include hot lunch at school canteen 4 days and packed lunches also.
- Two Irish students per family sharing a twin room.
- Sunday: arrival in Madrid. Transfer to host family.
- Monday: Full school day.
- Tuesday: Full school day.
- Wednesday: cultural walking tour in Madrid and visit to Prado Museum.
- Thursday: Full school day.
- Friday: Full school day. Afternoon shopping in Madrid.
- Saturday: Theme park “Parque de Atracciones” in Madrid. Unlimited rides.
- Sunday: Transfer to Madrid airport, and departure.
665 €. Minimun group size: 10 students (travelling together on the same dates).
THE PROGRAMME INCLUDES
- Return transfers to/from Madrid airport to host family.
- Immersion in a typical Spanish secondary school attending lessons as a native student.
- Full-board accomodation in a host family in a shared room.
- 24 h. emergency contact.
- Cultural and leisure activities (Madrid walking tour and Theme park “Parque de Atracciones”).
- Public transport pass.
- LAI will provide a coordinator that will accompany the group in cultural and leisure activities.
DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Medical or Travel Insurance.
- The student can wear the Irish School uniform.
HOW TO APPLY
Fill in and submit the following documents two months prior to arrival.
- 150 € deposit.
- Application for Registration.
- Parental consent.
- Medical Data Sheet.
- Authorization for Data Processing.
- Recent photograph of the student.
Send this documentation to LAI together with the proof of bank deposit for the amount of the reservation of space, together with a copy of the student's passport.